A Computer Model is needed for the Fig Island complex
The more I look at details of the Fig Island, SC Shell Ring Complex, the more sophistication I see in them. Shell Ring 2 is actually a hexagon. There is some extremely complex things going on in the architectural details and spatial relationships between the objects. It has be related to the sun, moon and stars. Keep in mind that we are talking 2000 BC. That is before the Olmec and Maya civilization.
Could it be that the creators of the Olmec Civilization came from the South Atlantic Coast? The Olmec Civilization began at about the same time that construction ceased on these shell rings.
The only way to find out is to create a three dimensional, architectural model with my computer. This is what I did a few years ago with the largest mound at Ortona, Florida. It turned out to be both a temple to the Maya goddess, Ixchel, and an observatory. As you can see above, there are similarities.
Note that there are two temples within the compound that consist of a rounded mound within a semi-circular earthwork. The only problem is that this compound was built about 2,700 years after the Fig Island, SC complex. I have no explanation.
No one is paying me to do this, at less yet, but it needs to be done. When the computer model is finished, it will be published on POOF.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- The Many Peoples of the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains - May 21, 2018
- Drawing of Alec Mountain Stone Circle – Nacoochee Valley - May 17, 2018
- It still feels weird, living in the Nacoochee Valley folks! - May 16, 2018
- Radio POOF . . . now broadcasting from high atop Alec Mountain - May 12, 2018
- Rat Wars . . . The empire strikes out! - May 10, 2018