A Computer Model is needed for the Fig Island complex
The more I look at details of the Fig Island, SC Shell Ring Complex, the more sophistication I see in them. Shell Ring 2 is actually a hexagon. There is some extremely complex things going on in the architectural details and spatial relationships between the objects. It has be related to the sun, moon and stars. Keep in mind that we are talking 2000 BC. That is before the Olmec and Maya civilization.
Could it be that the creators of the Olmec Civilization came from the South Atlantic Coast? The Olmec Civilization began at about the same time that construction ceased on these shell rings.
The only way to find out is to create a three dimensional, architectural model with my computer. This is what I did a few years ago with the largest mound at Ortona, Florida. It turned out to be both a temple to the Maya goddess, Ixchel, and an observatory. As you can see above, there are similarities.
Note that there are two temples within the compound that consist of a rounded mound within a semi-circular earthwork. The only problem is that this compound was built about 2,700 years after the Fig Island, SC complex. I have no explanation.
No one is paying me to do this, at less yet, but it needs to be done. When the computer model is finished, it will be published on POOF.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Massive Ballcourt Discovered in Northwestern Habersham County, Georgia - January 18, 2019
- Lies that your teacher told you about the Chickasaws & Creeks – Part One - January 17, 2019
- News: Canadian archaeologists discover ancient hydroponic farm for growing arrowroot - January 16, 2019
- Astonishing connections between Teotihuacan and Creek Religion - January 13, 2019
- The Mesoamerican-Polynesian Connection . . . many questions - January 12, 2019