Architectural renderings of Amicalola Valley mound
These renderings were added to the article on the newly discovered mound in Dawson County, Georgia after many of you had read the article. This mound is unlike anyone that I have seen in North America. I saw a few mounds similar to it in the highlands of Western Belize in Central America.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- The Otto Mound . . . an ancient Uchee and Itzate trading center in the Blue Ridge Mountains - October 21, 2017
- Footnote: William Bartram listed no Cherokee villages in Georgia - October 19, 2017
- William Bartram’s description of a Cherokee council house at Watauga in the Little Tennessee Valley - October 19, 2017
- The Battles of Echete Pass . . . the British Military Campaigns - October 18, 2017
- Map Supplement: The Battles of Itsate Pass - October 16, 2017