Are these ladies Machis Creeks from Southeast Alabama?
Nope! They are Machis from the Andes. They speak a language that has loaned several words to Muskogee-Creek.
Machis means “Wise Man” or “Wise Woman” in several languages of Andean Region.
Here is something else interesting. A war captain or “axe bearer” in the Andes was called a Tokee or Toque. That word is also the name of an ethnic group, who founded the Creek Confederacy town of Tuckabatchee (Tokipa-si).
Are you beginning to see a South American connection?
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Movie . . . Sami Blood . . . plus an introduction to the Sami People - August 17, 2019
- Videos . . . the Mi’kmaq People of Nova Scotia - August 15, 2019
- The First Creek Confederacy did not include the Muskogees! - August 14, 2019
- Ten feet tall Easter Lilies - August 14, 2019
- How I got to know Mexico - August 13, 2019