Article: What happened to the Taino People and their DNA?
Taino DNA is showing up in Creeks from Central Alabama and West Georgia. There was a Taino ball court and shrine on the Chattahoochee River near Six Flags Over Georgia. Therefore, the Coweta Creek Confederacy will be accepting full members, with proven Arawak DNA from the Caribbean Basin. This article describes the results of DNA analysis of 1000+ year old skeletons in the Caribbean Basin and of people living today in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans average about 15 % Arawak DNA, plus almost the same percentage from Native American slaves transported from slave markets in Charleston, SC to Puerto Rico.
To read the article go to:
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- US Senator Richard Burr accuses Cherokees of bribing state officials and bullying other Carolina tribes. - June 20, 2019
- Joy Harjo named first Native American Poet Laureate of the United States! - June 19, 2019
- LIDAR reveals an earlier civilization at Soque River Mounds - June 14, 2019
- The strange connection between Scotland and the Hillabee Creeks - June 12, 2019
- 1828 Georgia map tells a very different story on the gold rush and Cherokee removal than seen in “official history books” today - June 11, 2019