Article: What happened to the Taino People and their DNA?
Taino DNA is showing up in Creeks from Central Alabama and West Georgia. There was a Taino ball court and shrine on the Chattahoochee River near Six Flags Over Georgia. Therefore, the Coweta Creek Confederacy will be accepting full members, with proven Arawak DNA from the Caribbean Basin. This article describes the results of DNA analysis of 1000+ year old skeletons in the Caribbean Basin and of people living today in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans average about 15 % Arawak DNA, plus almost the same percentage from Native American slaves transported from slave markets in Charleston, SC to Puerto Rico.
To read the article go to:
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Fall 2018-Spring 2019 POOF Research Project . . . Pre-1700 AD Mound & Stone Architecture Survey of the Nacoochee and Soque Valleys - September 21, 2018
- Once upon a time at a Chevy Chase Christmas Party - September 20, 2018
- News Update: Quapaw and Mandan were at Ocmulgee! - September 18, 2018
- Example of why doing Native American history research is so difficult - September 16, 2018
- Waitaha . . . example of how occult bureaucrats and archaeologists bury the past - September 14, 2018