Article: What happened to the Taino People and their DNA?
Taino DNA is showing up in Creeks from Central Alabama and West Georgia. There was a Taino ball court and shrine on the Chattahoochee River near Six Flags Over Georgia. Therefore, the Coweta Creek Confederacy will be accepting full members, with proven Arawak DNA from the Caribbean Basin. This article describes the results of DNA analysis of 1000+ year old skeletons in the Caribbean Basin and of people living today in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans average about 15 % Arawak DNA, plus almost the same percentage from Native American slaves transported from slave markets in Charleston, SC to Puerto Rico.
To read the article go to:
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Youtube . . . The Discovery of Fort San Mateo - March 23, 2018
- Time passes so quickly when you are having fun! - March 22, 2018
- Did you know that there were pottery kilns near Etowah Mounds? - March 21, 2018
- Post Script . . . Why Native Americans should monitor descriptions of colonial history - March 20, 2018
- This politicized TV documentary only told part of the story - March 19, 2018