Article: What happened to the Taino People and their DNA?
Taino DNA is showing up in Creeks from Central Alabama and West Georgia. There was a Taino ball court and shrine on the Chattahoochee River near Six Flags Over Georgia. Therefore, the Coweta Creek Confederacy will be accepting full members, with proven Arawak DNA from the Caribbean Basin. This article describes the results of DNA analysis of 1000+ year old skeletons in the Caribbean Basin and of people living today in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans average about 15 % Arawak DNA, plus almost the same percentage from Native American slaves transported from slave markets in Charleston, SC to Puerto Rico.
To read the article go to:
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Ocmulgee National Park was a continuation of the “Olmec” Civilization - April 17, 2019
- Substantial evidence of an Arawak presence in the Southeastern US - April 15, 2019
- Lakota Reservations are in dire straits due to fires, blizzards and floods - April 13, 2019
- Newly discovered mound in Habersham County, GA is same shape and same alignment as Kolomoki Mound A . . . 300 miles away! - April 12, 2019
- This is the day that my great-grand-daddy surrendered - April 10, 2019