Breaking News! Muscogee-Creek Principal Chief fires entire Media Department!
The People of One Fire has just learned from contacts in Oklahoma that yesterday Principal Chief George Tiger put the entire Creek Media Department on Administrative Leave, which is the first step to job termination. Principal Chief Tiger stated that all the staff of the Muscogee News newspaper will be gone by Monday, November 9, 2015. He gave no reason to the general public for his decision
There is an election runoff today in the Creek Nation for the position of Principal Chief – so, according to POOF policy, we cannot make an editorial comment on this news, until the election results are announced.
Info on Media Department from their website:
Mvskoke Media strives to provide comprehensive, balanced, accurate and quality coverage of relevant information regarding Muscogee (Creek) Nation: programs, services, communities, churches, ceremonial grounds and events as well as indigenous issues at large through its: semi-monthly publication, Muscogee Nation News, weekly radio program, Mvskoke Radio and weekly television show, Native News Today. Mvskoke Media also encompasses a Graphic Design & Printing Division.
Since late 2006 the People of One fire has offered members of the Southeastern Tribes an independent source for news that cannot be silenced by politicians, heavy handed advertisers or Boss Hogg’s. We will continue to do so.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Footnote: William Bartram listed no Cherokee villages in Georgia - October 19, 2017
- William Bartram’s description of a Cherokee council house at Watauga in the Little Tennessee Valley - October 19, 2017
- The Battles of Echete Pass . . . the British Military Campaigns - October 18, 2017
- Map Supplement: The Battles of Itsate Pass - October 16, 2017
- The two Battles of Echete Pass . . . forgotten, but dramatic events during the French and Indian War - October 16, 2017