Extremely dangerous day in Alabama, Georgia, NW Florida and SE Tennessee
SPECIAL WEATHER WARNING
Wednesday ~ April 5, 2017
If you live in these regions and don’t have a handcrank or battery emergency radio, bottled water, handcrank or battery flashlight and first aid kit, go buy them NOW. Carry them in your car, if you commute to work. The situation is so dangerous today that many school systems in these regions are closing to avoid unnecessary risks to students.
Keep emergency supplies, plus pillows, cushions and quilts stored in the safest place in your house, if you are not at work or school. Wrap yourself in the pillows, cushions and quilts prior to a tornado or high winds striking. Put the pillows all around your head. I survived a direct hit on our coastal island camp site by a waterspout that way in 1971.
- A strong cold front, the Jet Stream and 70 mph winds blowing northward from the Gulf of Mexico at an elevation of 5000 feet, are already colliding in the southern part of this region. It is viewed as one of the most dangerous days for destructive weather ever in the Lower Southeast.
- In much of the region there is an almost 100% probability that your electrical service will be knocked out . . . in some areas for days. Therefore, many tornado alarm systems may not be functioning prior to a tornado strike, and it will be impossible to track tornadoes on TV doppler radar screens.
- In much of the region there is an almost 100% probability of surface winds reaching 60 mph.
- In much of the region there is a 50% probability of large, powerful tornadoes, which will travel for long distances.
- In much of the region there is a 70% probability of hail the size of golf balls or larger.
May the Master of Life protect you!
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Native American tribes . . . agriculture is your future . . . not gambling - September 24, 2017
- New DNA evidence suggests that lager beer originated in South America - September 22, 2017
- Update: Drug lords were behind the weird Mayas in Georgia thang - September 22, 2017
- OMG! I have been practicing my Spanish with this senorita at Captain D’s - September 21, 2017
- The Columbus, GA – Minoan – Dog Star – Yupaha Connection - September 19, 2017