Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather
Poarch Creek Band teen fined $1000 for wearing eagle feather at graduation
POOF founding member Annette Haven of Florida sent us a link from Indian Country Today. School officials blocked a SW Alabama Native American lady from her high school graduation and then fined her $1000. Of course, from the perspective of contemporary educators, they want uniformity at a graduation to symbolize the mediocrity of their students’ education. However, a $1000 fine for a teenager seems very excessive and of questionable legality.
This young lady needs your moral support.
If interested in reading more on this subject, go to: Poarch Creek Student Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather at Graduation – ICTMN.com
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Dr. Román Piña Chán speculated that Moundville was founded by Toltec refugees - December 12, 2017
- A Mayan Connection . . . the Ocmulgee Earth Lodge that Wasn’t - December 12, 2017
- The Mesoamerican Connection . . . Four Decades of Silence - December 11, 2017
- The Mayas in North America . . . the Spiritual Path begins - December 9, 2017
- Another surprising cultural connection between today’s Kaw Nation and the Kusa People of 1540 - December 8, 2017