Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather
Poarch Creek Band teen fined $1000 for wearing eagle feather at graduation
POOF founding member Annette Haven of Florida sent us a link from Indian Country Today. School officials blocked a SW Alabama Native American lady from her high school graduation and then fined her $1000. Of course, from the perspective of contemporary educators, they want uniformity at a graduation to symbolize the mediocrity of their students’ education. However, a $1000 fine for a teenager seems very excessive and of questionable legality.
This young lady needs your moral support.
If interested in reading more on this subject, go to: Poarch Creek Student Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather at Graduation – ICTMN.com
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Holy Agnetha Fältskog! The voladores were in Bronze Age Norway, too! - February 22, 2018
- OMG! Totonac voladores in Tanum, Sweden . . . c. 1200 BC! - February 21, 2018
- Youtube . . . Part Four – Petroglyphs that will blow your mind - February 21, 2018
- Robots built by students replaces Harlem Globetrotters - February 20, 2018
- Youtube . . . the Metcalf and Tugaloo Stones – Part 3 of series - February 20, 2018