Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather
Poarch Creek Band teen fined $1000 for wearing eagle feather at graduation
POOF founding member Annette Haven of Florida sent us a link from Indian Country Today. School officials blocked a SW Alabama Native American lady from her high school graduation and then fined her $1000. Of course, from the perspective of contemporary educators, they want uniformity at a graduation to symbolize the mediocrity of their students’ education. However, a $1000 fine for a teenager seems very excessive and of questionable legality.
This young lady needs your moral support.
If interested in reading more on this subject, go to: Poarch Creek Student Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather at Graduation – ICTMN.com
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Native American appointed special prosecutor to bust crime in Georgia - June 16, 2018
- Archaeologist Arthur Kelly found Paracus-style skulls on Etowah River - June 13, 2018
- Downtown Cancun, Mexico in August 1970 - June 12, 2018
- My color slides survived eight years in an oven . . . but there was another surprise that made me weep! - June 10, 2018
- Dare Stone at Brenau University determined to be authentic! - June 9, 2018