Guess where this Cherokee Band is performing
Think that this photo was made on the Strip in Cherokee, NC?
Dennis Partridge, a member of the People of One Fire, and a director of the Apalache Foundation, took this photograph in the Czech Republic. He says that there are several “Native American” bands are touring Europe these days, who are really Armenians. They dress as Lakota Sioux, but call themselves Cherokees.
Most Europeans and Americans are fooled because they are accustomed to seeing Jewish, Italian and Middle Eastern actors portray Native American men. Very often the actresses portraying Native American women did have some Native or Oriental ancestry, mixed with Irish or French heritage.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- On the trail of the Alekmani . . . from Alec Mountain, GA to the Baltic Sea - July 17, 2018
- Irish archaeologists find 5,500 year old tomb, plus petroglyphs that are identical to the those in the Georgia Gold Belt! - July 16, 2018
- Meditations on the Swedish Connection, while nailing siding - July 15, 2018
- Killer deer reek havoc in former Muskogee-Creek heartland - July 13, 2018
- How to make a Southeastern indigenous flute from river cane - July 13, 2018