Guess where this Cherokee Band is performing
Think that this photo was made on the Strip in Cherokee, NC?
Dennis Partridge, a member of the People of One Fire, and a director of the Apalache Foundation, took this photograph in the Czech Republic. He says that there are several “Native American” bands are touring Europe these days, who are really Armenians. They dress as Lakota Sioux, but call themselves Cherokees.
Most Europeans and Americans are fooled because they are accustomed to seeing Jewish, Italian and Middle Eastern actors portray Native American men. Very often the actresses portraying Native American women did have some Native or Oriental ancestry, mixed with Irish or French heritage.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Dr. Román Piña Chán speculated that Moundville was founded by Toltec refugees - December 12, 2017
- A Mayan Connection . . . the Ocmulgee Earth Lodge that Wasn’t - December 12, 2017
- The Mesoamerican Connection . . . Four Decades of Silence - December 11, 2017
- The Mayas in North America . . . the Spiritual Path begins - December 9, 2017
- Another surprising cultural connection between today’s Kaw Nation and the Kusa People of 1540 - December 8, 2017