Hawaiian canoe returns after three year tour of globe
If there is any doubt that the Polynesians and Bronze Age mariners from Yama were capable of sailing anywhere, the Hokulea has ended it. Read this fascinating online article from CNN.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Map Supplement: The Battles of Itsate Pass - October 16, 2017
- The two Battles of Echete Pass . . . forgotten, but dramatic events during the French and Indian War - October 16, 2017
- Rabun County, GA Mound, lost for 132 years, found with ERSI imagery - October 12, 2017
- The Uchee People were the first settlers in the Blue Ridge Mountains - October 10, 2017
- Why celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day? Thoughts by Ghost Dancer - October 9, 2017