Hiking the Track Rock Archaeological Zone
Information on hiking the Track Rock Archaeological Zone and other stone architecture sites in Georgia
Each time that the History Channel or one of its overseas affiliates re-runs the premier of American Unearthed – the Mayas in Georgia – I am inundated with emails from around the world, with questions about visiting the half square mile terrace complex. Unfortunately, I have never been paid a penny from being on the program.
Yesterday, 83 of my 100+ emails were asking questions about Track Rock or one of the other stone architecture sites in northern Georgia. Three days before, it apparently was broadcast in Mexico. I even received an inquiry from a famous Mexican movie actress. Apparently, someone is Mexico is thinking about doing a movie about the Maya refugees coming to the Southeastern United States. She wanted to know how Creek women dressed and if the Creeks practiced human sacrifice.
I wrote an article in the Examiner that answers all their questions and give specific directions to the Track Rock and Sandy Creek terrace complexes. If interested in keeping this information on file, you may Read More
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Irish Stone Circles Date from 2000 BC to 1100 BC - May 22, 2018
- Proof that Yonah Mountain and Walasi-yi Gap were named by white people - May 21, 2018
- The Many Peoples of the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains - May 21, 2018
- Drawing of Alec Mountain Stone Circle – Nacoochee Valley - May 17, 2018
- It still feels weird, living in the Nacoochee Valley folks! - May 16, 2018