Hiking the Track Rock Archaeological Zone
Information on hiking the Track Rock Archaeological Zone and other stone architecture sites in Georgia
Each time that the History Channel or one of its overseas affiliates re-runs the premier of American Unearthed – the Mayas in Georgia – I am inundated with emails from around the world, with questions about visiting the half square mile terrace complex. Unfortunately, I have never been paid a penny from being on the program.
Yesterday, 83 of my 100+ emails were asking questions about Track Rock or one of the other stone architecture sites in northern Georgia. Three days before, it apparently was broadcast in Mexico. I even received an inquiry from a famous Mexican movie actress. Apparently, someone is Mexico is thinking about doing a movie about the Maya refugees coming to the Southeastern United States. She wanted to know how Creek women dressed and if the Creeks practiced human sacrifice.
I wrote an article in the Examiner that answers all their questions and give specific directions to the Track Rock and Sandy Creek terrace complexes. If interested in keeping this information on file, you may Read More
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Detailed description of Sami DNA - August 22, 2019
- Video: The Mayas In Georgia . . . Prologue - August 22, 2019
- Video . . . The Four Seasons of the Potawatomi People - August 19, 2019
- Movie . . . Sami Blood . . . plus an introduction to the Sami People - August 17, 2019
- Videos . . . the Mi’kmaq People of Nova Scotia - August 15, 2019