Map of Dillard, Georgia Mounds
Several readers asked for a map, which would clearly locate the mounds in the Dillard Archaeological Zone. Probably, several more have been leveled by floods and 200 years of plowing, but those noted on the maps are still visible. Please remember that all of these mounds are either on private land or land belonging to a church. You may look at these mounds from a public road right-of-way, but cannot walk on the property without permission of the owner.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- What is the difference between Coweta, Cohutta and Kaweta? - June 18, 2018
- Native American appointed special prosecutor to bust crime in Georgia - June 16, 2018
- Archaeologist Arthur Kelly found Paracus-style skulls on Etowah River - June 13, 2018
- Downtown Cancun, Mexico in August 1970 - June 12, 2018
- My color slides survived eight years in an oven . . . but there was another surprise that made me weep! - June 10, 2018