Map of Dillard, Georgia Mounds
Several readers asked for a map, which would clearly locate the mounds in the Dillard Archaeological Zone. Probably, several more have been leveled by floods and 200 years of plowing, but those noted on the maps are still visible. Please remember that all of these mounds are either on private land or land belonging to a church. You may look at these mounds from a public road right-of-way, but cannot walk on the property without permission of the owner.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- What you are never told at New Echota National Historic Landmark - September 23, 2018
- Fall 2018-Spring 2019 POOF Research Project . . . Pre-1700 AD Mound & Stone Architecture Survey of the Nacoochee and Soque Valleys - September 21, 2018
- Once upon a time at a Chevy Chase Christmas Party - September 20, 2018
- News Update: Quapaw and Mandan were at Ocmulgee! - September 18, 2018
- Example of why doing Native American history research is so difficult - September 16, 2018