New PBS Series, Native America, is a must see!
Since October 23, 2018, the Public Broadcasting System has been airing a magnificent series on the indigenous peoples of the Americas. The program is an amazing step forward in the treatment of Native Peoples. The description of their past is often presented from their perspective. Unlike many such programs, progressive and even Native American archaeologists are given serious exposure, not treated as fringe theorists. “Native America” is also streaming from the PBS Native American website: http://www.pbs.org/native-america/home/ The website also contains outstanding videos that focus on the lives and beliefs of individual Native Americans. I don’t have a TV. Perhaps some of you are in the same situation. So if you have a computer, you can still see these programs.
I was especially impressed by the use of the latest virtual reality animation software for presenting town sites in many parts of the Americas. I am still saving to buy that software, but in this program you can see where my YouTube channel is heading. Well, take the time to watch this beautiful series. You will be glad you did!
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Movie . . . Sami Blood . . . plus an introduction to the Sami People - August 17, 2019
- Videos . . . the Mi’kmaq People of Nova Scotia - August 15, 2019
- The First Creek Confederacy did not include the Muskogees! - August 14, 2019
- Ten feet tall Easter Lilies - August 14, 2019
- How I got to know Mexico - August 13, 2019