Oldest known Maya numbers and writing discovered!
Can you guess where these glyphs were carved into a stone escarpment and when?
Several of the glyphs are similar to the motifs of Swift Creek Pottery that was made in the Southeastern United States between around 150 AD and 9oo AD.
Most of you will be surprised to learn where the earliest form of Maya writing was developed.
Find out on August 2, 2017 the answer to the quiz.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Robots built by students replaces Harlem Globetrotters - February 20, 2018
- Youtube . . . the Metcalf and Tugaloo Stones – Part 3 of series - February 20, 2018
- Article: What happened to the Taino People and their DNA? - February 20, 2018
- The Forgotten Murders of the the Osage Nation for the Oil Beneath Their Land - February 20, 2018
- Youtube . . . The Petroglyphs of the Georgia Gold Belt – Part Two - February 19, 2018