Oldest known Maya numbers and writing discovered!
Can you guess where these glyphs were carved into a stone escarpment and when?
Several of the glyphs are similar to the motifs of Swift Creek Pottery that was made in the Southeastern United States between around 150 AD and 9oo AD.
Most of you will be surprised to learn where the earliest form of Maya writing was developed.
Find out on August 2, 2017 the answer to the quiz.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- New Video: Exploration of the Soque River Basin - June 24, 2019
- Like most of the other sites, the Ladds Mountain Observatory became gravel! - June 22, 2019
- Celebrating the Creek New Year! - June 21, 2019
- US Senator Richard Burr accuses Cherokees of bribing state officials and bullying other Carolina tribes. - June 20, 2019
- Joy Harjo named first Native American Poet Laureate of the United States! - June 19, 2019