Oldest known Maya numbers and writing discovered!
Can you guess where these glyphs were carved into a stone escarpment and when?
Several of the glyphs are similar to the motifs of Swift Creek Pottery that was made in the Southeastern United States between around 150 AD and 9oo AD.
Most of you will be surprised to learn where the earliest form of Maya writing was developed.
Find out on August 2, 2017 the answer to the quiz.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Why your Southeastern Native heritage is much more than DNA from Siberia - November 24, 2017
- A Southeastern Native American Holocaust during the Late 1600s - November 23, 2017
- Why would my family look like Creeks, but remember our ancestors as Cherokees? - November 23, 2017
- National Geographic Video: Secrets of the Nazca Lines - November 22, 2017
- BBC Video . . . An introduction to the Minoan civilization - November 20, 2017