Oldest known Maya numbers and writing discovered!
Can you guess where these glyphs were carved into a stone escarpment and when?
Several of the glyphs are similar to the motifs of Swift Creek Pottery that was made in the Southeastern United States between around 150 AD and 9oo AD.
Most of you will be surprised to learn where the earliest form of Maya writing was developed.
Find out on August 2, 2017 the answer to the quiz.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Did these Georgia petroglyphs describe catastrophic meteor impacts? - April 20, 2019
- Ocmulgee National Park was a continuation of the “Olmec” Civilization - April 17, 2019
- Substantial evidence of an Arawak presence in the Southeastern US - April 15, 2019
- Lakota Reservations are in dire straits due to fires, blizzards and floods - April 13, 2019
- Newly discovered mound in Habersham County, GA is same shape and same alignment as Kolomoki Mound A . . . 300 miles away! - April 12, 2019