Oldest known Maya numbers and writing discovered!
Can you guess where these glyphs were carved into a stone escarpment and when?
Several of the glyphs are similar to the motifs of Swift Creek Pottery that was made in the Southeastern United States between around 150 AD and 9oo AD.
Most of you will be surprised to learn where the earliest form of Maya writing was developed.
Find out on August 2, 2017 the answer to the quiz.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- What is the difference between Coweta, Cohutta and Kaweta? - June 18, 2018
- Native American appointed special prosecutor to bust crime in Georgia - June 16, 2018
- Archaeologist Arthur Kelly found Paracus-style skulls on Etowah River - June 13, 2018
- Downtown Cancun, Mexico in August 1970 - June 12, 2018
- My color slides survived eight years in an oven . . . but there was another surprise that made me weep! - June 10, 2018