Oldest known Maya numbers and writing discovered!
Can you guess where these glyphs were carved into a stone escarpment and when?
Several of the glyphs are similar to the motifs of Swift Creek Pottery that was made in the Southeastern United States between around 150 AD and 9oo AD.
Most of you will be surprised to learn where the earliest form of Maya writing was developed.
Find out on August 2, 2017 the answer to the quiz.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- New DNA evidence suggests that lager beer originated in South America - September 22, 2017
- Update: Drug lords were behind the weird Mayas in Georgia thang - September 22, 2017
- OMG! I have been practicing my Spanish with this senorita at Captain D’s - September 21, 2017
- The Columbus, GA – Minoan – Dog Star – Yupaha Connection - September 19, 2017
- Evidence points toward a Pan-North Atlantic culture - September 17, 2017