Photo – An extraterrestrial mushroom
My cabin is near the two of the highest waterfalls, east of the Rockies and 150 yards from an early 19th century gold mine. The 68 ” of rainfall each year and high gold content of the soil produce some spectacular wildflowers. However, this mushroom on a tree in back of the cabin, wins the cake. It is about 5″ in diameter.
Click the image below to see the full resolution photo.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Irish archaeologists find 5,500 year old tomb, plus petroglyphs that are identical to the those in the Georgia Gold Belt! - July 16, 2018
- Meditations on the Swedish Connection, while nailing siding - July 15, 2018
- Killer deer reek havoc in former Muskogee-Creek heartland - July 13, 2018
- How to make a Southeastern indigenous flute from river cane - July 13, 2018
- People of One Fire acquires PhotoMirage software to animate photos - July 11, 2018