Search for lost “Migration Legend of the Creek People”
It is the Rosetta Stone of North America. The English translation of this hand-painted vellum containing of a lost Native American writing system, requires eight printed pages. With the encouragement of His Royal Highness, Charles, Prince of Wales, a search has begun on both sides of the Atlantic to find the original artifact, or at least a copy of the writing system. It has been misplaced for over 230 years.
The premier of American Unearthed on December 21, 2012, about the Creek Indian-Maya connection, had the highest viewership of any program ever watched on History Channel H2. It is now being viewed by people around the world. Intrigued by this research, His Royal Highness, Charles, Prince of Wales, directed one of his personal secretaries at Clarence House to assist in the search for the lost buffalo calf vellum. Clarence House is the official residence of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
The staff at Clarence House reported on January 28, 2013 has already turned up some previously unknown details about the lost vellum. Tomachichi and several family members were guests of the Archbishop of Canterbury when they visited England in 1734. His barge was at their disposal. In a ceremony on August 18, 1734 Tomachichi and Governor Oglethorpe formally presented the vellum to Archbishop William Wake at Lambeth Palace. The vellum has been the official property of the Church of England since then. It may be in the church archives rather than in the British Museum.
To learn more:
Life is, indeed, a box of chocolates!
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- The Mayas in North America . . . the Spiritual Path begins - December 9, 2017
- Another surprising cultural connection between today’s Kaw Nation and the Kusa People of 1540 - December 8, 2017
- News link: What ancient corn farmers can teach us - December 7, 2017
- Biochar agriculture at a massive scale on the Savannah River - December 7, 2017
- OMG! After three centuries, we now know how the Koweta Creeks got their name! - December 6, 2017