South Georgia Creek lassie wins Miss Georgia pageant!
All the Beasily’s in the Muscogee-Creek Nation of Oklahoma can take pride that one of their cousins, whose ancestors figured out a way to avoid federal troops, is now a real Creek Princess. Alyssa Beasily, a 19-year-old Kennesaw State University student, was named last night the new Miss Georgia.
She is much more than a pretty picture. Alyssa is an excellent student and spends an astounding amount of her free time, helping the unfortunate. They say that if compassionate soul is the prime quality for measuring excellence, she is a shoe-in for Miss America.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Map Supplement: The Battles of Itsate Pass - October 16, 2017
- The two Battles of Echete Pass . . . forgotten, but dramatic events during the French and Indian War - October 16, 2017
- Rabun County, GA Mound, lost for 132 years, found with ERSI imagery - October 12, 2017
- The Uchee People were the first settlers in the Blue Ridge Mountains - October 10, 2017
- Why celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day? Thoughts by Ghost Dancer - October 9, 2017