South Georgia Creek lassie wins Miss Georgia pageant!
All the Beasily’s in the Muscogee-Creek Nation of Oklahoma can take pride that one of their cousins, whose ancestors figured out a way to avoid federal troops, is now a real Creek Princess. Alyssa Beasily, a 19-year-old Kennesaw State University student, was named last night the new Miss Georgia.
She is much more than a pretty picture. Alyssa is an excellent student and spends an astounding amount of her free time, helping the unfortunate. They say that if compassionate soul is the prime quality for measuring excellence, she is a shoe-in for Miss America.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Dr. Román Piña Chán speculated that Moundville was founded by Toltec refugees - December 12, 2017
- A Mayan Connection . . . the Ocmulgee Earth Lodge that Wasn’t - December 12, 2017
- The Mesoamerican Connection . . . Four Decades of Silence - December 11, 2017
- The Mayas in North America . . . the Spiritual Path begins - December 9, 2017
- Another surprising cultural connection between today’s Kaw Nation and the Kusa People of 1540 - December 8, 2017