Strange Symbols ~ Russell County Alabama
Strange symbols have suddenly appeared on Russell County, AL landscape. They are similar to the Georgia Mountain petroglyphs and Nazca Lines but just appeared on satellite imagery.
Seven abstract symbols that look like they should be on the surface of the Paracus Desert of Peru have suddenly appeared on satellite images of the rural landscape in Russell County, Alabama. There has been no publicity about these mystical designs until this article and no one has claimed responsibility. The symbols cover approximately 230 acres immediately west of the Chattahoochee River and south of an Early Mississippian town site that is on a former horseshoe bend in the river.
Some of the symbols appeared on a NASA image released in late 2013 by ERSI for use in GIS software. The most recent Google satellite image in January 2014 shows several new symbols, plus refinement of the original symbols.
They are most likely some form of hoax, but who knows? Is someone clearing vegetation that was covering an existing complex of symbols? Trees and shrubs were cut down to either create or reveal the images. Technically, these are not crop circles.
These same symbols are seen on one of the boulders of the Track Rock petroglyphs and also on a petroglyphic boulder found in Forsyth County, GA. They are not the style of designs seen in crop circles around the world.
If interested in learning more, Click
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Dr. Román Piña Chán speculated that Moundville was founded by Toltec refugees - December 12, 2017
- A Mayan Connection . . . the Ocmulgee Earth Lodge that Wasn’t - December 12, 2017
- The Mesoamerican Connection . . . Four Decades of Silence - December 11, 2017
- The Mayas in North America . . . the Spiritual Path begins - December 9, 2017
- Another surprising cultural connection between today’s Kaw Nation and the Kusa People of 1540 - December 8, 2017