The Lord of Cumberland
This is the true story of three Georgia Tech students, who become stranded on Cumberland Island, GA in 1971 and have to live off the land for ten days until rescued. The central plot of the book is preceded and followed by fascinating descriptions of life during the Vietnam War Era. Probably the most interesting scene is when the author is playing Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd records with Gov. Jimmy Carter, when a very young Senator Joe Biden knocks unexpectedly at the apartment door. He subsequently asks Jimmy to run for President of the United States. The 144 pages include 88 original color photographs of Cumberland Island or Georgia in 1971 – the year of the expedition.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- News: Canadian archaeologists discover ancient hydroponic farm for growing arrowroot - January 16, 2019
- Astonishing connections between Teotihuacan and Creek Religion - January 13, 2019
- The Mesoamerican-Polynesian Connection . . . many questions - January 12, 2019
- Some days turn out to be more important than others! - January 8, 2019
- A Gathering of the People . . . June 21-23, 2019 . . . The Nacoochee Valley - January 7, 2019