The Lord of Cumberland
This is the true story of three Georgia Tech students, who become stranded on Cumberland Island, GA in 1971 and have to live off the land for ten days until rescued. The central plot of the book is preceded and followed by fascinating descriptions of life during the Vietnam War Era. Probably the most interesting scene is when the author is playing Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd records with Gov. Jimmy Carter, when a very young Senator Joe Biden knocks unexpectedly at the apartment door. He subsequently asks Jimmy to run for President of the United States. The 144 pages include 88 original color photographs of Cumberland Island or Georgia in 1971 – the year of the expedition.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Photo: Copper tools and weapons from the Lake Michigan Basin - February 23, 2018
- Most symbols at Track Rock Gap in Georgia date to 2000 BC in Sweden - February 23, 2018
- Holy Agnetha Fältskog! The voladores were in Bronze Age Norway, too! - February 22, 2018
- OMG! Totonac voladores in Tanum, Sweden . . . c. 1200 BC! - February 21, 2018
- Youtube . . . Part Four – Petroglyphs that will blow your mind - February 21, 2018