The Lord of Cumberland
This is the true story of three Georgia Tech students, who become stranded on Cumberland Island, GA in 1971 and have to live off the land for ten days until rescued. The central plot of the book is preceded and followed by fascinating descriptions of life during the Vietnam War Era. Probably the most interesting scene is when the author is playing Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd records with Gov. Jimmy Carter, when a very young Senator Joe Biden knocks unexpectedly at the apartment door. He subsequently asks Jimmy to run for President of the United States. The 144 pages include 88 original color photographs of Cumberland Island or Georgia in 1971 – the year of the expedition.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Video: The Secret History of the Miccosukee People - March 24, 2019
- Video: New March 2019 report on Paracas skull DNA - March 23, 2019
- This is how bad things were at Ocmulgee in 2006, when the People of One Fire was formed - March 22, 2019
- Invitation: Celebrating Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park! - March 21, 2019
- Plot of movie, Apocalypto, really happened! - March 21, 2019