The night from hell
It was the worse storm I have ever been in . . . and I have been inside two tornadoes (August 1971 and April 2009)
I don’t have a roof now. The rafters are are still there but the plywood sheaving, insulation and roof are gone. A lot of trees came down at the same time, so I guess it was a small tornado.
It is pitch dark right now, so I will have to wait until morning to see how bad the damage is. Having no roof is bad enough.
I might be out of contact for awhile because the rain came down into the house for about 2 hours after the damage. I will not be able to moderate comments during that period . . . so please be patient.
I have a good renters insurance policy, but I don’t know what the owner of the house is going to do.
Richard Thornton, Editor
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Holy Agnetha Fältskog! The voladores were in Bronze Age Norway, too! - February 22, 2018
- OMG! Totonac voladores in Tanum, Sweden . . . c. 1200 BC! - February 21, 2018
- Youtube . . . Part Four – Petroglyphs that will blow your mind - February 21, 2018
- Robots built by students replaces Harlem Globetrotters - February 20, 2018
- Youtube . . . the Metcalf and Tugaloo Stones – Part 3 of series - February 20, 2018