The night from hell
It was the worse storm I have ever been in . . . and I have been inside two tornadoes (August 1971 and April 2009)
I don’t have a roof now. The rafters are are still there but the plywood sheaving, insulation and roof are gone. A lot of trees came down at the same time, so I guess it was a small tornado.
It is pitch dark right now, so I will have to wait until morning to see how bad the damage is. Having no roof is bad enough.
I might be out of contact for awhile because the rain came down into the house for about 2 hours after the damage. I will not be able to moderate comments during that period . . . so please be patient.
I have a good renters insurance policy, but I don’t know what the owner of the house is going to do.
Richard Thornton, Editor
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- What is the difference between Coweta, Cohutta and Kaweta? - June 18, 2018
- Native American appointed special prosecutor to bust crime in Georgia - June 16, 2018
- Archaeologist Arthur Kelly found Paracus-style skulls on Etowah River - June 13, 2018
- Downtown Cancun, Mexico in August 1970 - June 12, 2018
- My color slides survived eight years in an oven . . . but there was another surprise that made me weep! - June 10, 2018