The night from hell
It was the worse storm I have ever been in . . . and I have been inside two tornadoes (August 1971 and April 2009)
I don’t have a roof now. The rafters are are still there but the plywood sheaving, insulation and roof are gone. A lot of trees came down at the same time, so I guess it was a small tornado.
It is pitch dark right now, so I will have to wait until morning to see how bad the damage is. Having no roof is bad enough.
I might be out of contact for awhile because the rain came down into the house for about 2 hours after the damage. I will not be able to moderate comments during that period . . . so please be patient.
I have a good renters insurance policy, but I don’t know what the owner of the house is going to do.
Richard Thornton, Editor
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Eight acre tract at entrance to Track Rock Gap is still for sale - July 19, 2019
- Lies your archaeologist told you . . . Parte Quatre - July 18, 2019
- Your editor is now back in touch with the world. - July 18, 2019
- Lightning strikes twice update - July 17, 2019
- Editor struck by lightning Friday - July 8, 2019