The Premier of America Unearthed on December 21, 2012 (Free)
I just noticed that the History Channel is finally offering the premier of America Unearthed online. They have been selling it on Amazon.con for the past five years.
This is the program that told the world about the Track Rock Terrace Complex and the “Mayas In Georgia.”
I was terrified at first. The Travel Channel had met me on the Track Rock site with two guys in a compact car. The History Channel showed up at the cabin that I had just started fixing up, with eight vans of expensive equipment. They erected a full movie set.
At the opening scene, I whispered to Scott Wolter . . . “Scott, this is just like being in the movies.”
He answered, “Richard, you are in the movies!”
The opening scene, with Scott talking on the cell phone as he was driving, was actually filmed 8 feet from my front door . . . with the car sitting still.
The strange sound in the background, during the initial parts of the show, especially in my new garden, is a type of lizard that is indigenous to the Maya lands, but for some reason not certain, also lives in the part of Georgia where the gold deposits are. It is huge . . . about a foot long when mature.
Well, for those of you, who have not seen the program, here it is:
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Holy Agnetha Fältskog! The voladores were in Bronze Age Norway, too! - February 22, 2018
- OMG! Totonac voladores in Tanum, Sweden . . . c. 1200 BC! - February 21, 2018
- Youtube . . . Part Four – Petroglyphs that will blow your mind - February 21, 2018
- Robots built by students replaces Harlem Globetrotters - February 20, 2018
- Youtube . . . the Metcalf and Tugaloo Stones – Part 3 of series - February 20, 2018