Video: Comparison of the Miccosukee with the Zoque People of Mexico
The ancestors of the Miccosukee probably migrated out of Mexico around 700 years ago. Their ancestors had been participants in the Olmec and Maya Civilizations, but they found the oppression by Mexica (Aztec) conquerors more than they could bear. This program examines the cultural heritage of the Miccosukee and compares it to the traditions practiced by the Zoque of Mexico today. Are there still any similarities between the Miccosukee and the Zoque? You will be surprised!
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- US Senator Richard Burr accuses Cherokees of bribing state officials and bullying other Carolina tribes. - June 20, 2019
- Joy Harjo named first Native American Poet Laureate of the United States! - June 19, 2019
- LIDAR reveals an earlier civilization at Soque River Mounds - June 14, 2019
- The strange connection between Scotland and the Hillabee Creeks - June 12, 2019
- 1828 Georgia map tells a very different story on the gold rush and Cherokee removal than seen in “official history books” today - June 11, 2019