Video: Miccosukee Folklore
Although they have been separated from their cousins in Mexico, the Zoque, for many centuries, traditional Miccosukee folklore and religion was remarkably similar to that of the Zoque in 1911. That is when Mikko Jim Gopher told these stories around a campfire with school teacher, J. E. Lazelle.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- New Video: Exploration of the Soque River Basin - June 24, 2019
- Like most of the other sites, the Ladds Mountain Observatory became gravel! - June 22, 2019
- Celebrating the Creek New Year! - June 21, 2019
- US Senator Richard Burr accuses Cherokees of bribing state officials and bullying other Carolina tribes. - June 20, 2019
- Joy Harjo named first Native American Poet Laureate of the United States! - June 19, 2019