Video: Outstanding MSNBC editorial concerning Native American genocide
November is National Native American Heritage Month. Please do what you can in your own community to explain the valuable contributions of the Western Hemisphere’s indigenous peoples to those all over the world. Seventy percent of the vegetables, grains and fruits, consumed by humans today were developed in the New World.
Would you believe that the original proposal for a “American Indian Heritage Day” came from the Boy Scouts of America over a century ago? The month-long celebration still has only semi-official status by the federal government and a few state governments.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Geneticists identify probable microbe that killed 80% of Mexico’s population - January 17, 2018
- How did Tobesofkee Creek get its name? - January 16, 2018
- A Kanza town on the Ocmulgee River in Georgia - January 15, 2018
- OMG! Meredith Emerson was a US Forest Service decoy when kidnapped and beheaded - January 15, 2018
- Women . . . how to avoid being a victim of male predators - January 14, 2018