Video: Outstanding MSNBC editorial concerning Native American genocide
November is National Native American Heritage Month. Please do what you can in your own community to explain the valuable contributions of the Western Hemisphere’s indigenous peoples to those all over the world. Seventy percent of the vegetables, grains and fruits, consumed by humans today were developed in the New World.
Would you believe that the original proposal for a “American Indian Heritage Day” came from the Boy Scouts of America over a century ago? The month-long celebration still has only semi-official status by the federal government and a few state governments.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Irish archaeologists find 5,500 year old tomb, plus petroglyphs that are identical to the those in the Georgia Gold Belt! - July 16, 2018
- Meditations on the Swedish Connection, while nailing siding - July 15, 2018
- Killer deer reek havoc in former Muskogee-Creek heartland - July 13, 2018
- How to make a Southeastern indigenous flute from river cane - July 13, 2018
- People of One Fire acquires PhotoMirage software to animate photos - July 11, 2018