Video: Outstanding MSNBC editorial concerning Native American genocide
November is National Native American Heritage Month. Please do what you can in your own community to explain the valuable contributions of the Western Hemisphere’s indigenous peoples to those all over the world. Seventy percent of the vegetables, grains and fruits, consumed by humans today were developed in the New World.
Would you believe that the original proposal for a “American Indian Heritage Day” came from the Boy Scouts of America over a century ago? The month-long celebration still has only semi-official status by the federal government and a few state governments.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- A Comprehensive Article on the Uchee (Yuchi) People - July 23, 2019
- This man’s ancestors probably carved the original Track Rock petroglyphs - July 22, 2019
- Contact info for Track Rock Gap Archaeological Zone outparcel - July 22, 2019
- Lightning strikes thrice . . . my sister is a Finn . . . I am a Sami . . . we are all Brunswick Stew - July 20, 2019
- Eight acre tract at entrance to Track Rock Gap is still for sale - July 19, 2019