Video: Outstanding MSNBC editorial concerning Native American genocide
November is National Native American Heritage Month. Please do what you can in your own community to explain the valuable contributions of the Western Hemisphere’s indigenous peoples to those all over the world. Seventy percent of the vegetables, grains and fruits, consumed by humans today were developed in the New World.
Would you believe that the original proposal for a “American Indian Heritage Day” came from the Boy Scouts of America over a century ago? The month-long celebration still has only semi-official status by the federal government and a few state governments.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- 2012 . . . the year when “1984” came to the Appalachian Mountains - May 25, 2019
- Batesville, GA Archaeological Zone LIDAR map - May 24, 2019
- The Secret Politics behind the weird events that swirled around the premier of “America Unearthed” - May 23, 2019
- The Sweetwater Creek Stela . . . our first success story - May 20, 2019
- The Judaculla Rock – Curry Family Connection - May 19, 2019