Video: Outstanding MSNBC editorial concerning Native American genocide
November is National Native American Heritage Month. Please do what you can in your own community to explain the valuable contributions of the Western Hemisphere’s indigenous peoples to those all over the world. Seventy percent of the vegetables, grains and fruits, consumed by humans today were developed in the New World.
Would you believe that the original proposal for a “American Indian Heritage Day” came from the Boy Scouts of America over a century ago? The month-long celebration still has only semi-official status by the federal government and a few state governments.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Patriot troops enslaved captured Cherokees during the American Revolution - October 22, 2017
- The Otto Mound . . . an ancient Uchee and Itzate trading center in the Blue Ridge Mountains - October 21, 2017
- Footnote: William Bartram listed no Cherokee villages in Georgia - October 19, 2017
- William Bartram’s description of a Cherokee council house at Watauga in the Little Tennessee Valley - October 19, 2017
- The Battles of Echete Pass . . . the British Military Campaigns - October 18, 2017