Video: Outstanding MSNBC editorial concerning Native American genocide
November is National Native American Heritage Month. Please do what you can in your own community to explain the valuable contributions of the Western Hemisphere’s indigenous peoples to those all over the world. Seventy percent of the vegetables, grains and fruits, consumed by humans today were developed in the New World.
Would you believe that the original proposal for a “American Indian Heritage Day” came from the Boy Scouts of America over a century ago? The month-long celebration still has only semi-official status by the federal government and a few state governments.
Latest posts by Richard Thornton (see all)
- Youtube . . . The Discovery of Fort San Mateo - March 23, 2018
- Time passes so quickly when you are having fun! - March 22, 2018
- Did you know that there were pottery kilns near Etowah Mounds? - March 21, 2018
- Post Script . . . Why Native Americans should monitor descriptions of colonial history - March 20, 2018
- This politicized TV documentary only told part of the story - March 19, 2018